Serena Cole

From this day on Gustav Klimt needs to share his place in my heart with the vibrant works of the Californian artist Serena Cole! There absolutely is not a lot to say, as her beauties draped in watercolors speak on their own...
"In today’s Western society, I see no real heroes or idols to emulate. Instead there is a decadent escapism from a darkening future with war, environmental deterioration, and chemical warfare on the horizon. We have replaced our idols with pop culture. Searching through fashion magazines and images on television, it appears that unattainable, inhuman images of beauty and elitism have come to sedate our senses."
"In my work, I use images of attractive figures from fashion magazines to illustrate the haunting themes beneath our worshiped fantasies. [...] My work is inspired by the psychological implications of what fuels our desires and insecurities. I intend my images to be seductively beautiful, but also slightly uneasy to look at."
via artistaday

Interview with Serena Cole

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...