Rein Vollenga

The ones among you who paid closer attention to the last F/W collection of Mugler in the beginning of this year might already know the following Berlin-based fine artist. It is the Dutch Rein Vollenga who collaborated two seasons ago with Nicola Formichetti for the debut of the new Mugler womenswear during Paris Fashion Week, creating adorable one of a kind jewellery pieces for the show.


Next to other collaborations with greats like Lady Gaga, Hanayo and clients including Cassette Playa, New Power Studio or the South-Korean girlgroup 2NE1 he now launched his first collection of Wearable Sculptures this year. In the following pictures you can see those fantastic futuristic artworks with their fluid and so dynamic lines, all noticeable unique handmade pieces!

  

"I’m really a big fan of making every piece by hand. I also aim for every piece of my work to be a one off; I don’t reproduce anything. One reason is because I think it’s really boring to do that, and another reason is that I like to review myself all the time. I also think that it benefits the piece itself when it exists alone and is the only one on earth, it makes it more special [...] What’s Contemporary to me is the idea of going back to the roots and working again more with our hands. It leaves you with much more of a feeling of devotion." 

images shot by: Jonas Lindström
Models: Thary Plast Ic & Flo Berrymore

His stunning sculptural works have been featured in magazines like Dazed, I-D, Man, V, Vogue Italia and exhibited in various galleries and museumscurrently in the Kita-Kore buidling in Tokyo. Until he is exhibiting again in Berlin i wish i could see him or any other lover of his work, dressed with one of his outstanding sculptures, among Berlin's underground passengers crowd, causing a stir, shortly disturbance and confusion. LOVE!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...